- General Information
All what you need to know about the biometric passport:
1- The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) has enjoined all nations to begin issuing biometric passports (e-Passports) by April 2010.
2- From November 24, 2015, all non-biometric passports will cease to be acceptable as valid travel documents.
3- The validity of the biometric passport is 10 years for adults and 5 years for minors under 19.
4- The biometric passport is an individual document. As a result, minors must hold an individual passport and can no longer have their names and photos added to their parents’ passports.
5- Personal appearance is required for photograph taking and fingerprint data collection.
6- Personal presence is required for biometric passport submission and for pickup. Kids exempted from electronically scanned fingerprints at application submission day, do not need to be present for pick-up .
7- Biometric passports are issued in Algeria. This procedure requires a minimum period of 6 weeks between the facial and fingerprint recognition operation and passport reception.
8- Non-biometric passports valid until 11/23/2015 continue to be exceptionally issued.
For further information, please call (62-21) 525-4719
- Passport establishment, renewal and extention.
Algerian nationals residing in Indonesia, Brunei Darussalam or Singapore and duly registered with the Algerian Embassy can apply for the issue of a passport.
1) The requirements for establishing, renewing or extending a passport are :
- presentation of the consular registration card
- return of the expired passport
- an application form duly completed
- married woman or divorcee should provide a marriage certificate or a divorce judgment
- four (04) recent photographs of same print (passport size)
- Payment by bank transfer of the amount of US$ 75,-.
Nationals not residing in Jakarta should allow a prepaid envelope for the return of their documents or pay the delivery fees by DHL plus US$ 5,- for bank commission. The delivery fees are : US$ 40,- for Brunei Darussalam, Singapore. Nationals are also free to choose any other delivery company.
The payment should be made by bank transfer to : Embassy of Algeria in Jakarta, Account No.in US$ 124.00.555.66658
BANK Mandiri, Gedung Menara Palma, JI.HR.Rasuna Said Blok X2 Kav.6 Setiabudi, Kuningan , Jakarta. 12950, Indonesia, Swift Code: BMRIIDJA
Please avoid using check or draft-check.
2) The passport for under age children.
Children aged fifteen and more can be provided with an individual passport.
Children under the age of fifteen are born on the father’s passport and /or the mother’s (provided a paternal authorization is issued). In both cases, the file is made up of the following documents:
- a birth certificate of the child, except if the document is part of the parents’ file
- a paternal authorization with regard to passport establishment (form provided by the Embassy)
- five (04) photographs and make the payment for the establishment of passport
- two (02) recent photographs of the child if he or she should be attached to the passport of one of the parents or legal guardian
- Transfer to the Embassy Account in the case where an individual passport is requested
- a prepaid envelope for the return of documents
- the presentation of the father’s registration card, or the mother’s, when the latter is registered as the principal.
3) Loss and deterioration of passport
In the case where the passport is lost, misplaced or deteriorated, the applicant must ask the local competent authorities to issue a loss declaration specifying the place and circumstances of the loss, inform immediately the consular section of the district where he lives abroad, or the nearest consulate or embassy.
Any loss or deterioration of a passport requires a minimum of three months before it could be renewed. Furthermore and in accordance with the law, a penalty of $US 75,- must be paid for the renewal of a passport lost.
- Track Your Biometric Passport